Happy Friday! We hope you are all doing well and staying healthy!
The Fall in Charleston is one of our most favorite times of the year! The Fall season not only brings college football, but also many fun community events! We pulled together a list of just several of the fun events happening around town now
through the end of the year! Bonus - they're all outside! We hope you find something that you and your family will all enjoy.
Now through the end of November:
- Charleston Farmers Market: The farmers market is open every Saturday 8am-2pm
in Marion Square. It offers a variety of local produce, plants, herbs and cut flowers
as well as breakfast and lunch vendors, live entertainment and an assortment of juried arts and crafts from local artisan! We encourage you to shop local!
- Paws on The Patio to Benefit Charleston Animal Society: This event will be September 9th at 6 pm
. It will be hosted at Burtons Grill in Mount Pleasant. Feel free
to bring your four-legged friend to enjoy an exclusive happy hour on the patio. Reservations are MANDATORY.
- Cooper River Bridge Run: The 44th annual Cooper River Bridge Run will take place Saturday, September 25th
! To sign up to participate, click here
. Additionally, MUSC Children's Hospital, a
charity partner of the Bridge Run, is looking for volunteers
to help them manage the participant corrals at the start of the race! This is a really fun opportunity
and as a thank you for volunteering, the Cooper River Bridge Run invites you to participate in the race for free upon fulfilling your volunteer duties. If you are interested in volunteering or would like more information, reach out to Emma Blitch at
- Lace up your running shoes because the Avondale 5K Run + Walk for Special Kids is back! This year's race happens Saturday, October 9
, and benefits the Charles
Webb Center, a non-profit, day care center that serves children from age 6 weeks to 10 years old who have developmental disabilities and special needs. Participants will make their way through the lovely streets of the Avondale neighborhood and onto
the new bike path in West Ashley. Strollers and dogs are welcome! Triangle Char and Bar is hosting the after party complete with music, all-inclusive food and drinks. To register, visit www.avondale5k.com
- Charleston's Walk to End Alzheimer's will take place on Saturday, October 16th
! Walk to End Alzheimer's is the world's largest fundraiser for Alzheimer's care,
support, and research. This inspiring local event calls on participants of all ages and abilities to join the fight against the disease! Click here
- LOWVELO will take place on Saturday, November 6th
! This event rallies everyone together for one great cause, raising money for innovative and lifesaving cancer
research at the state's only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center: MUSC Hollings Cancer Center in Charleston. Route options include 8, 25, 50 or 100 miles around the Lowcountry. Click here
to sign up!
- The Steeplechase of Charleston is back and will take place on Sunday, November 14th
! Your friends and family are sure to enjoy this splendid day spent
outdoors watching world-class horse racing. In between the races, take a stroll through our Vendor Village filled with the best of Lowcountry artisans. Bring a tailgate spread and enjoy an afternoon of splendor!
- Turkey Day Run & Wobble Gobble 5K: This event will be held November 25th
. Did you know the Turkey Day Run is the 9th largest 5K in the nation? This
is a great Thanksgiving tradition to start with your family, you don't want to miss out!
- Folly Beach Christmas Parade: The parade will be held Saturday, December 11th
. Line up along Center Street as floats, marching bands and community groups show
their holiday spirit - visitors and locals are all welcome! Keep an eye out because the jolly old man in the bright red suit will be parading through the streets!
- Reindeer Run 5k & Walk: The 30th annual Reindeer Run, presented by Halfmoon Outfitters, will also take place on Saturday, December 11th
! This event is a
family-oriented, pet-friendly 5k run/walk that benefits the Charitable Society of Charleston and MUSC Shawn Jenkins Children's Hospital! This year the race celebrates its 30th year at a new location, the RiverDogs Stadium! Don't forget to dress up
in your best holiday running attire, the costume contest is a crowd favorite and you never know... maybe you'll win! For more information or to register for this race, click here